Thursday, October 7

More Info

See below for meatloaf recipe.  Sorry, I saw after last post that Bi-Lo has 5 lb white potatoes B1G1 this week.  These are great side dish for meatloaf..see below.  I know this is a lot of potatoes for most people, but I have a good Potato soup recipe if anyone interested....Also saw Bi-Lo has Pillsbury cake mix (10/$10)and frosting on sale (2/$3)  No, I don't want you to buy 10 cakes.  But I have a good recipe for German Chocalate Pound Cake with the icing in the cake...it is soo moist and very easy.

German Chocalate Pound Cake

1 German choc cake mix
1 15 oz coconut pecan frosting
4 eggs
1/2 cup oil ( Bi-Lo sale: Southern Home oil $1.99)
1 cup water

Preheat oven 350* and grease and flour 12 cup tube or Bundt pan.

Mix all ingredients (including the icing) in bowl at medium speed 2 min.  Pour into prepared pan and bake 55-60 min. Remove from oven to wire rack to cool for 10 min.  Invert onto serving plate and dust with powdered sugar.

Makes a large cake, so be sure to use large 12 cup pan...I use normal Bundt pan and it works fine.

Compliments of thehappycooker.com. 

You will find I have some good dessert recipes because I have a bad sweet tooth:):)

P.S. I will give you recipes I have tried myself and know are good.  If I ever use one that I haven't made, I will let you know:)

No comments:

Post a Comment